As a result of these increasing numbers a health directive has been issued for Snohomish County requiring persons age 5 and older wear masks in public indoor spaces, regardless of vaccination status. While child care providers and children ages 5 and up are already required to wear masks indoors, parents who enter the child care space should also now be wearing masks as well. It continues to be a strong recommendation for children ages 2-4 to wear masks as well when closely supervised.
Continue to follow all the layered precautions against COVID-19 to the greatest extent possible. Refer to the Washington State Department of Health guidance for child cares last updated on July 6, 2021:
- Continue to cohort staff and children in small, consistent groups.
- If using a float staff to cover breaks, the staff person should be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Continue frequent cleaning and sanitizing of high touch surfaces.
- Ventilation continues to be important for good indoor air quality.
- Continue excluding staff and children for one or more symptoms and following the Washington State DOH Evaluation and Management flowchart on return to care after exclusion.
- Private businesses are allowed to be stricter than the minimum requirements.