Dear Child Care and Early Learning Providers.
Today at 1:15pm, President Biden delivered an address to the public. You can view the address here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCg-I2I3PxM (starting at about 26min).
In his address, he made the following remarks:
- Announced partnership between Merck and Johnson & Johnson to expand production, and Johnson & Johnson will now begin operations 24/7.
- President Biden is announcing because of implementing Defense Production Act, they will have enough vaccines to vaccinate every adult in America by the end of May.
- Wants K-12 back open for in-person learning. Adding one more tool today – a vaccinated workforce. Treat in-person learning and child care like the essential service that it is.
- Today he is directing every state to prioritize vaccination of educational workforce. Challenge: every educator, school staff member, child care worker to receive at least one vaccine by the end of March.
- They will be able to sign up at a pharmacy or location near them. May not happen during the first week, but we’ll get there. More details to come.
This is all that we know at this time. DOH has indicated they will share more as soon as they receive details.
Please ask your staff to refrain from calling the call center, local pharmacy or healthcare provider until further details are announced.
We will pass information along to you when we know more.
The Snohomish Health District Child Care Health Outreach Team