Dear Food Service Operators,
In light of the recent Health Officer’s Order No. 20-060, Order of the Health Officer on Events during Declaration of Public Health Emergency, and the Governor’s “Stay Home, Stay Healthy Order,” we are issuing the following clarifications.
To reduce the potential for disease transmission between customers, no customer self-service is allowed at this time. This includes, but is not limited to the following examples:
· Salad bars
· Bulk food bins or dispensers
· Soda machines
· Slushie machines
· Self-service bakery items
· Condiments in reusable containers (salt, pepper, ketchup, creamer, etc.)
The following preventative actions are strongly encouraged:
· Payment be done electronically
o Preferably using a wireless or Internet platform so there are no commonly touched surfaces like key pads
· Cash handling should be avoided
· Limit number of people inside of store to promote social distancing
Food establishments may continue to operate if they cease offering the following services:
• On-site dining
• Self-service of any open food or beverage items (see above)
Additionally, food establishments must ensure that customers are maintaining social distancing of at least 6 feet apart, surfaces are disinfected frequently, and workers are screened for illness at the beginning of each shift. Any employee having symptoms consistent with COVID-19 must go home immediately.
Additional resources for food service establishments are located below.
Snohomish Health District
3020 Rucker Ave., Everett, WashingtonUnsubscribe