How to Make a Resource Request
Information on requesting resources from the Health District and Department of Emergency Management in SNohomish County
Last updated October 19, 2020
In times of local, state, and national emergencies, the Department of Emergency Management helps local groups find the resources they need to provide essential services. During the COVID-19 national emergency, the Snohomish Health District and the Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management are aiding healthcare related agencies and first responders in finding personal protective equipment (PPE) so that they may appropriately respond to this emergency.
To make a request, please follow these steps:
- Before any agency or organization can make a request for assistance, that agency must exhaust all options for obtaining PPE on their own.
- A list of potential vendors is available here. The list is provided as a convenience and for informational purposes; this does not constitute an endorsement of any vendor. Please contact the vendor directly for answers to questions regarding their products or availability.
- In order to make a resource request, an agency must be a qualifying agency. To determine if your agency qualifies, check the Washington State Department of Health’s tiered list.
- To make a resource request, please fill out the appropriate online form.
- Hospitals or medical centers
- Long-term care facility WITH patients who have COVID-19
- Adult family homes (without COVID), home cares, funeral homes, chiropractic, acupuncture, and other homeopathic clinics
- Dental Clinic, Outpatient Clinic, or Doctor’s Office
- Test Kits (only for long-term care facilities, adults family homes, or community clinics)
- Your request should be for the PPE your facility needs for 7-10 days. Excessive PPE requests will be denied. Your request needs to be submitted to the Snohomish Health District no later than noon on Thursday in order to be included in the weekly order.
- The Snohomish Health District and the Department of Emergency Management process resource requests on a weekly basis. Please allow a least a week before you expect to hear back on your resource request.
- When supplies are available for your facility, you will be notified by phone or email. You may not receive all the items that you requested due to shortages in supplies.
Other important Notes about Resource Requests
- The Snohomish Health District follows the tiered prioritization system for PPE distribution created by the Washington State Department of Health. Because of that, no one below a tier 1 can receive an N95. If you are a tier 3 facility and you request an N95, your request will be converted to procedure masks.
- We only distribute supplies once per week. Please do not send in multiple versions of your request. Doing so confuses the process and slows us down.
- Gowns are facing an extreme shortage. We strongly recommend that tier 2 and below look into making cloth gowns as approved by the CDC.
- Disinfectant spray and wipes are also in extreme shortage. We strongly recommend that facilities make up a fresh bleach and water solution every day for cleaning as recommended by the CDC.
- If you would like to make a request for COVID-19 test kits, the state has set up a portal for ordering. Please use that portal for test kit requests.