Welclome to the Germbuster Toolkit...your one-stop-shop for all documents and resources about illness prevention in child care. Many of the posters and brochures are already on our website but this toolkit makes access to them more stream lined and convenient.
Place these in a visible place for parents and caregivers, staff and children to see. Contact us for copies of these posters if you do not have color printer and we can mail them to you.
- Cover your Cough poster – This should be posted on a bulletin board or wall space close to the entrance to your child care program so parents can readily see it. It should also be posted in each classroom or large area where staff and children spend most of their time.
- Keep Me Home If Poster – This should be posted on a bulletin board or wall space close to the entrance to your child care program so parents can readily see it.
- Be a Germ Fighter: Wash Your Hands Poster – Post this near the handwashing sinks wherever handwashing occurs. Children should start the day by washing their hands when they enter the child care program followed by many other times of the day. (See the handwashing brochure below) Parents can be encouraged to do this activity with their children during drop-off time.
- Help Fight the Spread of Illness Poster @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
All of our classes are on health and safety topics designed and authored by child care health professionals. They are offered free of charge if without STARS credits. Once a class is successfully completed, STARS credits are available at a cost of $20.00 per 2 hour class. To register or sign-in to our online class portal, Link to https://childcare-snohd.talentlms.com/index. The following classes focus on illness prevention.
- Preparing for the Flu
- Teaching Children Illness Prevention
- Preventing Reportable Illness
- Germbusters: The Importance of Handwashing @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>