COVID-19 Info for Schools & Child Cares
There is growing concern about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and how schools and child cares are preparing. We are tracking COVID-19 carefully and working to protect the health of our community.
We know that people are concerned about this situation. We share your concerns, but want you to know that the Health District continues to work with school districts and child care providers to reduce the spread of illness. Now is the time for our schools, child cares, staff, and families to prepare, as well.
This page provides resources and materials for schools and child cares related to COVID-19. Please use these materials and continue to turn to reliable sources of information.
- Guidance for Child Care Providers and the Early Learning Community (last updated 3/25/20)
- Guidance for School-Age Care Sites during COVID-19 (last updated 3/26/20)
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Child Care and School Age Care Programs
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations (CDC)
- Interim Guidance for K-12 Schools and Child Care Programs (CDC)
- Information for School Nurses and Administrators (DOH)
- Child Care Resources and Recommendations (DOH)
- Anti-stigma resources (Public Health-Seattle & King County)
- Higher Education Facilities: Information for Administrators and Employees (DOH)
- For workers: Employment Security resources
- Department of Children Youth and Families
- Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Germbuster Toolkit for schools and child cares
- Keep Sick Children Home Notice for posting at child cares
- Joint letter with Snohomish Health District and child care providers to families (March 5)
- Letter from Snohomish Health District to child care providers (March 5)
- Joint letter with Snohomish Health District and school districts (Feb. 27)
- Posters for download