Training for Child Care Providers
Welcome to Snohomish Health District's
Child Care Learning Portal
The Child Care Outreach Program classes are now online. We no longer provide distance learning trainings. Please visit our new online learning system to view our current course catalog and to register. You can scroll below to our "Getting Started" section for more details.
How to register and log in
- Go to https://childcare-snohd.talentlms.com. Here you can view the course catalog and/or sign up. The online learning system works best using Chrome, Firefox, or Explorer.
- At the top of the page, click on “Signup” if it is your first time using the site. (In the future, you will click on “Login” at the top to access the site.) If you do not see the word “Signup” or “Login,” click on the rectangular icon with three horizontal lines at the top right of the page.
Enter the requested information on the Signup screen. Due to budget constraints at this time, access is allowed for those who live or work in Snohomish County only. We do intend to open our trainings up to those outside our county in the future.
Read and accept the terms of service.
How to access classes
- From the selections on the right side of the screen, click on "Course Catalog" to find a course or courses of interest to you.
- Click on the button “Get this course” to have the course added to your home page. Once you have selected your course, click on the button
that says “Start or Resume Course.” You can also return to the home screen by selecting “Home” on the top left. Your course should be there. Click on the course image in your home screen to begin or resume.
If you want to print a copy of the course to read off-line, you will find the PDF document on the course description screen under “Files.”
Tips for completing courses
- You have unlimited time to complete your course. You may leave and come back as often as needed.
- Courses can be completed using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Read all the material as you progress through the course - you can read it on screen or print a copy.
- Even if you have printed a copy, you will still need to scroll/click through each of the sections and answer the questions.
- Complete the final test with a score of 80%. You may retake the test three times to achieve a passing score. There will be a 15-minute delay between attempts one and two, and a one-hour delay between attempts two and three. During this delay, you can scroll back and review the course content.
- Your certificate will be available on your account as soon as you successfully complete the course.
- Please complete the evaluation form thoughtfully as it will be used to help us make improvements to our system.
Register for in-person classes
It is easy to register for a face-to-face class using TalentLMS, our new learning management system.
UPCOMING IN-PERSON CLASSES
Sign up now for the Active Play Throughout the Day training on March 2, 2019. The class is from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Verdant Health, 4710 196th St SW, Lynnwood.
How to register
- Navigate to our Talent website: http://childcare-snohd.talentlms.com/.
- Sign up or log in
- First time users: Select "Signup" in the upper right corner and provide the requested information. Be sure to add your STARS ID if you want STARS credit.
- If you are already registered, select "Login" and log into Talent using your username and password.
- Go to Course Catalog and select "In-Person Trainings" from the categories on the right.
- Click on the training and select "Get this Course." You will see the gray box that says: “You have this course." You should now see this training listed on your home page.
- Click on the training image to view your course.
- Select the blue "Register" button. The button turns green to indicate that you are registered. You are all set!
You will receive a reminder a few days before the class.
If the class is full, you will have an option to sign up on our waiting list. We will let you know if a space becomes available within a day of the class.
If you register for a class but are unable to attend, please email Child Care Classes to let us know.