Board of Health Meeting, Jan. 9
Newly appointed members to be sworn in
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – At its regularly scheduled business meeting, the Board of Health will welcome at least three newly appointed board members. Those anticipated to be sworn in include Bothell councilmember Liam Olsen, Everett councilmember Scott Bader, and Marysville councilmember Jeffrey Vaughan.
The Snohomish Health District’s 15-member Board of Health—one of the largest in the state—is composed of local county and city elected officials. It includes all five members of the Snohomish County Council, along with city councilmembers or mayors selected to serve by agreement of cities in each of the five districts.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 9 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the District’s Auditorium located at 3020 Rucker Ave, Everett, Wash. In addition to the new members being sworn in, the regular business is as follows:
Board of Health Agenda
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda Contents and Order
- Special Business
- Swearing-in of new Board members
- Election of Board Chair and Vice Chair
- Committee assignments
- Approval of Minutes for the Regular Meeting of Dec. 12, 2017
- Public Comment
- Standing Reports
- Executive Committee report from Jan. 4 meeting (A. Fraley-Monillas)
- Financial Report (SR 18-001 T. Kellogg, no presentation)
- Board and committee meeting attendance and options (no staff report; J. Ketchel)
- Telephonic voting at committee meetings (SR 18-004; J. Ketchel, G. Weed)
- PHAB accreditation update (no staff report; J. Ketchel, G. Hanada, C. McLachlan)
- Executive Session
The Snohomish Health District Board of Health will convene into Executive Session for purposes of:
- Collective bargaining matters pursuant to RCW 42.30.140(4)(a) and (b)
- Pending litigation pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i) (i & ii)
Executive Session is expected to last 25 minutes.
The Board will reconvene in regular session at ____________ p.m. and may take action on one or more matters.
- Agreement with Professional and Technical Employees Local 17-Allied Professional Health Unit, effective Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2020 (SR 18-003; J. Ketchel, P. Aguilar)
- Agreement with Professional and Technical Employees Local 17-Environmental Health Unit, effective Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2020 (SR 18-005; J. Ketchel, P. Aguilar)
- Chair’s Report
- Administrator’s Report
- Health Officer’s Report
- Information Items
- Review of upcoming meetings. (All meetings held at Snohomish Health District unless otherwise noted.)
- Program Policy Committee – No January meeting
- Public Health Advisory Council – Jan 24, 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
- Administration Committee – Jan. 31, 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Executive Committee – Feb. 1, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- WSALPHO/WSPHA Legislative Day in Olympia – Feb. 7
- Next Board of Health meeting – Feb.13, 3 – 5 p.m.
The public is invited to attend. Parking and meeting rooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Questions or additional information about the board meeting may be obtained by contacting Linda Carl, 425.339.5210; Relay: 711; Email email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations, please contact Ms. Carl by Monday, January 8.
Visit the Board of Health webpages at http://www.snohd.org/About-Us/Board-of-Health.