SPECIAL MEETING NOTICE
Board of Health Meeting, November 6
Full board to convene on a special date for regular business, public hearing on 2019 budget
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Board of Health will convene on a special day to conduct regular business as set forth on the agenda below and available online. The meeting will be from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 6, held in Auditorium located on the 1st floor at 3020 Rucker Ave, Everett, Wash.
In addition to regular business, there will be a public hearing following the presentation of the preliminary 2019 budget. The Board of Health convened a budget ad hoc committee that met on Oct. 4, Oct. 16, and Oct. 30. The committee reviewed proposed revenues and expenditures and gave instruction to staff regarding budget parameters and direction.
The budget presented at the Oct. 30 meeting had a deficit of $389,752 and is the proposed 2019 budget available online. The committee made tough decisions and settled on a balanced budget with staffing cuts in the recommendation to the Board (Appendix B, Option A). However, Board members challenged staff to look for more savings to avoid staff reductions. In response to this challenge, staff developed a menu of proposed savings in a second budget option (Appendix B, Option B).
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda Contents and Order
- Approval of Minutes for the Regular Meeting of October 9, 2018
- Public Comment
- Division Update
- Jordan Bower, B.S., Disease Intervention Specialist, Viral Hepatitis Outreach Program
- Written Reports
- Executive Committee report
- Program Policy Committee report
- Administration Committee report
- Approve vouchers and Res. 18-23 authorizing Oct. 2018 expenditures for Health District and PHEPR fund (no staff report; T. Kellogg)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign the lease agreement with Community Health Center of Snohomish County for community resources outreach from Nov. 6, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2019 (SR 18-046; N. Furness)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign the interlocal agreement to allocate Snohomish County a portion of funds received by the Health District through the Public Health Crisis Opioid Prevention in States (OPIS) surge grant (SR 18-058; H. Thomas)
- Approve the proposed strategic planning structure and process and steering committee structure with Resilience Collaborative NW (SR 18-061; A. Fraley-Monillas J. Ketchel, T. Ferrell, P. Shulman)
- Division of Responsibilities task force update (no staff report; S. Wright)
- Finance Manager’s report (SR 18-059; T. Kellogg)
- 2019 preliminary budget presentation (SR 18-062; J. Ketchel)
- Public Hearing
- 2019 budget
- Administrator’s Repor
- Health Officer’s Report
- Information Items
- All meetings held at Snohomish Health District unless otherwise noted.
- Program Policy Committee Special Meeting – Nov. 20, 12 p.m.
- Public Health Advisory Council – Nov. 28, 7:45 a.m.
- Executive Committee – Nov. 28, 11:30 a.m.
- Administration Committee – Nov. 28, 3:30 p.m.
- Next Board of Health meeting – Dec. 11, 3 p.m.
- Program Policy Committee – Dec. 14, 3 p.m.
The public is invited to attend. Parking and meeting rooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Questions or additional information about the board meeting may be obtained by contacting Linda Carl, 425.339.5210; Relay: 711; Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations, please contact Ms. Carl by Monday, November 5, 2018.
Visit the Board of Health webpages at http://www.snohd.org/About-Us/Board-of-Health.