Board of Health Meeting, Dec. 12
Public hearing, adoption of 2018 budget to be focus
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – During its regular board meeting, the Board of Health will hold a public hearing and is expected to take action on the 2018 budget. The meeting will be from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2017. The meeting will be held in the District’s Auditorium located at 3020 Rucker Ave, Everett, Wash.
The 2018 budget proposed is a reflection of the new direction of the Snohomish Health District as the community Chief Health Strategist. This includes investing in state-of-the-art business practices; analyzing new sources of data; moving toward cross-jurisdictional sharing where appropriate; continuing pursuit of FDA retail food standards; preparing for Public Health Accreditation in 2019; launching a new strategic planning process in 2018; and continuing the District’s opioid response.
The $17.8M budget maintains current staffing levels, with the following exceptions:
- transitioning 3.0 FTE from Information Services to Snohomish County’s Department of Information Technology through a negotiated contract;
- adding an epidemiologist which will be almost entirely funded by local and regional contracts;
- adding an environmental health specialist in the Food Safety Program to improve the establishment-to-inspector ratio as the Health District pursues FDA voluntary food retail standards; and
- assuming control of the AIDS Outreach Project/Snohomish County Syringe Exchange effective January 1, 2018, including its two employees.
More details of the budget can be found in the 2018 Budget-in-Brief, and associated division revenue and expense details.
Board of Health Agenda
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda Contents and Order
- Approval of Minutes for the Special Meeting of Nov. 7, 2017
- Public Comment
- Standing Reports
- Program Policy Committee report from Nov. 8 meeting (D. Wright)
- Public Health Advisory Council report from Nov. 22 meeting (D. Wright)
- Administration Committee report from Nov. 29 meeting (K. Hilt)
- Executive Committee report from Nov. 30 meeting (S. Wright)
- Financial Report (SR 17-069; D. LeFree, no presentation)
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of vouchers and Res. 17-27 authorizing November 2017 expenditures for Health District and PHEPR fund
- Authorize the Administrator to sign the Limited Medical Services Consultant Agreement for TB-control services with Christopher Spitters, MD, MPH, for the period of January 1, 2018, through December 31, 2019 (SR 17-068; N. Furness)
- Authorize the Administrator to pay up to $70,830 for the purpose of renewing the Software Maintenance Agreement with Netsmart Technologies, Inc., for the period of Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2018 (SR 17-071; S. Frederick)
- Board and committee meeting attendance and options (no staff report; J. Ketchel)
- 2018 Budget (SR 17-074; J. Ketchel)
- Public Hearing
- 2018 Budget
- Approve Res. 17-29 or Res. 17-30 adopting the 2018 SHD budget (SR 17-074; J. Ketchel)
- Approve Res. 17-28 adopting the revised Division of Responsibilities (SR 17-073; J. Ketchel)
- Approve the 2018 Opioid Legislative Agenda (no staff report; J. Ketchel, H. Thomas)
- Authorize the Administrator to sign the contract with Dykeman for facility assessment and space planning for an amount not to exceed $75,000 (SR 17-075; J. Ketchel; H. Thomas)
- Executive Session
The Snohomish Health District Board of Health will convene into Executive Session for purposes of:
- Collective bargaining matters pursuant to RCW 42.30.140(4)(a) and (b)
- Potential litigation pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(i) (i & ii)
Executive Session is expected to last 20 minutes.
The Board will reconvene in regular session at ____________ p.m. and may take action on one or more matters.
- Chair’s Report
- Administrator’s Report
- Health Officer’s Report
- Information Items
- Review of upcoming meetings. (All meetings held at Snohomish Health District unless otherwise noted.)
- Program Policy Committee – Dec. 13 meeting cancelled
- Administration Committee – Dec. 27, 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Executive Committee – Jan. 4 (special meeting), 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Next Board of Health meeting – Jan. 9, 3 – 5 p.m.
Following the meeting will be a reception honoring Marysville Councilmember Donna Wright for her 16 years of service on the Board of Health.
The public is invited to attend. Parking and meeting rooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Questions or additional information about the board meeting may be obtained by contacting Linda Carl, 425.339.5210; Relay: 711; Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations, please contact Ms. Carl by Monday, December 11, 2017.
Visit the Board of Health webpages at http://www.snohd.org/About-Us/Board-of-Health.