Board of Health Meeting, October 10
New Board governing procedures, preliminary 2018 budget discussions to be focus
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – The Board of Health will hold its regular meeting from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 10 in the Auditorium located on the first floor at 3020 Rucker Ave, Everett, Wash. The agenda for the meeting is as follows:
Board of Health Agenda
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Approval of Agenda Contents and Order
- Approval of Minutes for the Regular Meeting of Sept. 12, 2017, and the Special Meeting of Sept. 27, 2017
- Public Comment
- Standing Reports
- Public Health Advisory Council report from Sept. 27 meeting (D. Wright)
- Public Health Program Policy Committee report from Oct. 4 meeting (D. Wright)
- Administration Committee report from Sept. 27 special meeting (T. Ryan)
- Executive Committee report from Sept. 28 meeting (A. Fraley-Monillas)
- Financial Report (SR 17-048; D. LeFree, no presentation)
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of vouchers and Res. 17-23 authorizing September 2017 expenditures for Health District and PHEPR fund
- Confirm Lisa George, Sr. Director of Quality and Medical Services at Providence Regional Medical Center, to the Public Health Advisory Council (SR 17-055; J. Ketchel)
- Syringe exchange and outreach services (SR 17-051; H. Thomas, J. Ketchel)
- Electronic agenda-management system (SR 17-049; L. Carl, H. Thomas)
- 2018 preliminary budget (SR 17-057; J. Ketchel)
- Approve Res. 17-24 establishing rules of procedure for the conduct of business of the Board of Health (no staff report; J. Ketchel, G. Weed)
- Authorize the Interim Administrator to sign the intergovernmental services agreement with Snohomish County for activities related to solid waste (SR 17-050; K. Plemel)
- Authorize the Interim Administrator to sign Amendment #01 to the Refugee Health Screen Services Agreement with DSHS for Oct. 1, 2017, through Sept. 30, 2018 (SR 17-053; N. Furness)
- Authorize the Interim Administrator to sign the Early Intervention Program agreement renewal with the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Oct. 1, 2017, through Sept. 30, 2018 (SR 17-056; N. Furness)
- Set date of public hearing to consider proposed Environmental Health fee schedule (SR 17-054; K. Plemel)
- Set date of public hearing to consider proposed Prevention Services fee schedule (SR 17-058; N. Furness)
- Executive Session
The Snohomish Health District Board of Health will convene into Executive Session for purposes of:
- Collective bargaining matters pursuant to RCW 42.30.140(4)(a)
- Sale, acquisition, or lease of real property pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(b) and (c)
Executive Session is expected to last 20 minutes.
The Board will reconvene in regular session at ____________ p.m. and may take action on one or more matters.
- Agreement with Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17-Environmental Health Supervisors Unit, Jan. 1, 2018, through Dec. 31, 2020 (SR 17-052; J. Ketchel)
- Chair’s Report
- Interim Administrator’s Report
- Information Items
- Review of upcoming meetings. (All meetings held at Snohomish Health District unless otherwise noted.)
- Administration Committee – Oct. 25, 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Executive Committee – Oct. 26, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Next Board of Health meeting – Nov. 7, 3 – 5 p.m. [Special Meeting date]
- Program Policy Committee – Nov. 8, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
- Public Health Advisory Council – Nov. 22, 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
The public is invited to attend. Parking and meeting rooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Questions or additional information about the board meeting may be obtained by contacting Linda Carl, 425.339.5210; Relay: 711; Email email@example.com. To request reasonable accommodations, please contact Ms. Carl by Monday, October 9, 2017.
Visit the Board of Health webpages at http://www.snohd.org/About-Us/Board-of-Health.