Board of Health Meeting, May 9
2016 Health Champions to be Recognized
SNOHOMISH COUNTY, Wash. – In conjunction with this month’s Board of Health meeting, the Snohomish Health District will recognize agencies and businesses in its 2016 Health Champions ceremony. The meeting will be from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 9 in the District’s Auditorium located at 3020 Rucker Ave, Everett, Wash.
Six local businesses will be presented with Food Safety Excellence Awards. These awards recognize those in food service who not only meet minimum standards, but typically stand out within their industry. The recipients by category are:
- Limited Menu – Skinny D’s Yogurt located at 16212 Bothell-Everett Hwy #A, Mill Creek
- Schools/Industrial/Institutions – North Lake Production Kitchen located at 2202 123rd NE, Lake Stevens
- Temporary Food Service – CaribBean Cuisine located at 2728 177th Pl NE, Marysville
- Full Menu – Taco Time located at 23904 Highway 99, Edmonds
- Fast Service – Baicha Tea Room located at 622 5th Ave S, Edmonds
- Large Grocery Chains – QFC #855 located at 17525 Highway 99 #F, Lynnwood
Two groups will also be presented with Healthy Communities Awards. These awards recognize organizations in the county that go above and beyond minimum requirements to promote the health and well-being of employees and the community they serve. The recipients are:
- City of Lynnwood Parks and Recreation for promoting vapor-free environments.
- Everett Farmer’s Market for providing fresh, local foods to the community.
To learn more about the District’s Food Safety program, visit www.snohd.org/Food/Restaurant-Inspections. To learn more about the District’s Healthy Communities program, visit www.snohd.org/Healthy-Living/Healthy-Communities.
Board of Health Agenda
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Approval of Minutes for the Regular Meeting of April 11, 2017
4. Public Comment
5. Standing Reports
a. Administrative Committee report from Apr. 26 meeting (K. Hilt)
b. Executive Committee report from Apr. 27 meeting (A. Fraley-Monillas)
c. Financial Report (SR 17-025; D. LeFree, no presentation)
6. Consent Agenda
a. Approval of vouchers and Res. 17-14 authorizing April 2017 expenditures for Health District and
b. Approve Res. 17-13 rescinding Res. 13-08 regarding staff authorized to access safe deposit box
(SR 17-026; D. LeFree)
c. Authorize Interim Administrator to sign intergovernmental agreement amendment no. 1
with Snohomish County for pollution identification and reduction programs (SR 17-027; K. Plemel)
a. Enterprise Fleet Management program proposal (SR 17-028; T. Smith)
b. Health Officer update (T. Smith)
c. Tribal / Public Health mutual aid agreement (H. Thomas)
8. Chair’s Report
9. Interim Administrator’s Report
10. Information Items
a. Review of upcoming meetings. (All meetings held at Snohomish Health District unless otherwise noted.)
- PHAC – May 24, 7:45 – 9:15 a.m.
- Administration Committee – May 31, 3:30 – 5 p.m.
- Executive Committee – June 1, 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Next Board meeting – June 13, 3 – 5 p.m.
11. Special Business
a. Health District annual report (H. Thomas; no staff report)
12. Special Recognition: Food Service Excellence, Healthy Communities Awards
The public is invited to attend. Parking and meeting rooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Questions or additional information about the board meeting may be obtained by contacting Linda Carl, 425.339.5210; Relay: 711; Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations, please contact Ms. Carl by Monday, May 8, 2017.
Visit the Board of Health webpages at http://www.snohd.org/About-Us/Board-of-Health.