Snohomish County homeowners can get a rebate of up to $200 for completing septic system maintenance activities! If you're installing risers or getting your system inspected, check out the information below to see the available rebates you may be eligible for.
Have you already completed some of these maintenance activities? You can still apply for a rebate so long as the work was completed in the last twelve months!
$100 Rebate for System Inspections: Regular septic system inspection helps ensure that your system is functioning properly and can help detect problems before they turn into a larger and more costly repair. In order to be eligible for the rebate, the contractor performing the inspection must complete a full system inspection and a written report with the status of various septic system components, including the tank, drain field, baffles, pump and other features. The inspection report must be provided to the homeowner and entered into the Health Department's OnlineRME database system.
$50 Rebate per Riser Installation with Lid (max. two risers per household): Risers are 24" wide and provide easy access to pipes and other key areas of septic systems. If your septic system was installed after 1995 then it should already have risers in place as they were required for systems built after this time. If you don't have risers on your septic system, here are a few reasons why you should consider riser installation:
- Risers help to easily locate a system in the ground
- Risers allow for easier access for routine maintenance activities
Rebate funding is limited and available on a first come, first served basis until all funding is exhausted.
To make sure you are eligible to receive a rebate, pleases review the requirements below before applying:
- Rebate applications must be submitted within 12 months of the completion of work
- Rebates are available county-wide
- Project must be located within Snohomish County
- Project property must be owned be the applicant, and be a residential property
- Property owners are eligible for one Septic System Inspection Rebate per property within a 12 month period
- The contractor who completes the work must be certified by the Health Department to provide services
- Riser Installations: Contractors must be a certified monitoring & maintenance specialist or pumper.
- Inspections: Contractors certified as a monitoring & maintenance specialist can inspect all systems. Gravity systems can also be inspected by certified pumpers.
- For detailed eligibility requirements, please see the Savvy Septic Program Standards
Please follow the steps below to receive your rebate for taking steps to maintain your septic system:
- Make sure you are eligible! Carefully review the info on the eligibility tab before applying.
- Find a certified provider to perform the work. Visit our contractor's page for more information about finding certified providers.
- Schedule and complete the inspection or riser installation. Save your receipts as proof of payment and make sure your provider submits a report to the Online RME system (we will use this system to verify the work completed).
- Complete a Rebate Form. Completed rebate forms can be emailed to email@example.com. Don't forget to also attach your proof of payment. To mail in your form and proof of payment, send to ATTN: Savvy Septic Rebate Program | 3020 Rucker Avenue Suite 104 | Everett, WA 98201