Training for Child Care Providers
IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION ABOUT OUR STARS TRAININGS
The Child Care Health Outreach Program classes include some of the most up to date, credible health and safety classes in Washington State. They are developed and reviewed by professional child care health consultants including a public health nurse, environmental health and a behavior health specialists and a registered dietitian nutritionist. All of them are open to anyone wishing information or Washington State STARS credits for child care providers.
A fee of $10.00 per STARS credit will be charged. Classes will continue to be free of charge if STARS credits/certificate are NOT desired. Most of our online classes are 2 STARS credits.
Please read below "How to Access Classes" for updated information on completing our online classes, making payments and receiving STARS credits for them.
WELCOME TO SNOHOMISH HEALTH DISTRICT'S CHILD CARE LEARNING PORTAL
Please visit our online learning system to view our current course catalog and to register for classes. Scroll below to our "Getting Started" section for more details.
How to register and log in
- Go to https://childcare-snohd.talentlms.com. Here you can view the course catalog and/or sign up. The online learning system works best using Chrome, Firefox, or Explorer.
- At the top of the page, click on “Signup” if it is your first time using the site. (In the future, you will click on “Login” at the top to access the site.) If you do not see the word “Signup” or “Login,” click on the rectangular icon with three horizontal lines at the top right of the page.
Enter the requested information on the Signup screen.
Read and accept the terms of service.
How to access classes and Receive STARS Credits
- From the selections on the right side of the screen, click on "Course Catalog" to find a course of interest to you.
You will see 2 versions of each class:
Class Title - Learning Course
Class Title - STARS Credit/Certification
Complete the "Learning Course" first by selecting “Start or Resume Course.” You may leave the class and then return to it by selecting “Home” on the top left. Your course should be there. Click on the course image in your home screen to begin or resume.
If you want to print a copy of the course to read off-line, you will find the PDF document on the course description screen under “Files.”
After you successfully complete the Learning Course you will be prompted to select the STARS Credit/Certification Course. Select the STARS icon (shown here) and you will be directed to pay $20 for the two STARS credits.
TIPS FOR COMPLETING COURSES
- You have unlimited time to complete your "Learning Course". You may leave and come back as often as needed.
- Courses can be completed using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Read all the material as you progress through the course - you can read it on screen or print a copy (Find PDF workbooks in the Files folder for each course).
- Even if you have printed a copy, you will still need to scroll/click through each of the sections and answer the questions.
- Complete the final test with a score of 80%. You may retake the test three times to achieve a passing score. There will be a 15-minute delay between attempts one and two, and a one-hour delay between attempts two and three. During this delay, you can scroll back and review the course content.
- When you successfully complete the "Learning Course", If you want STARS credits, you will be directed to go back to the "Course Catalog" (up on the top, right hand corner of the Home Page) and choose the "STARS Credit/Certificate" course with the same name.
- Click on the "Get this Course" button and follow payment directions. You can pay with a credit card or using your PayPal account.
- Once you complete the payment section, select the "Completed" button at the bottom of the page and your certificate will appear and be ready to download.